- Voice specifics: ranges and timbres for adults and children; strengths and weaknesses; using voice "colors"
- Notation basics: score layout, tempo indications, swing notation, accompaniment options, audio reference utilities
- Legal requirements: arrangement licenses, song licenses, performance licenses
- Voicing fundamentals: unison, 2-part, 3-part, 4-part; voicing specifics, variations and techniques for each
- Variety of arrangement devices: how and when to use them, and when not to use them
Entire course is internet-based. Physical attendance not required.
Course includes PDF documents and web-based instruction with audio and video examples.
Students will be expected to complete and submit arrangement exercises for feedback before continuing to subsequent sections.
Term is not time-delineated; students work at their own pace.